Saturday 30 October 2010

Entry - Amanda

Below is the finished film.

Entry HDV from Amanda Ravetz on Vimeo.




I've been wondering how the film works once its removed from the context of Dhal ni Pol and Ahmedebad. I used the title Entry (in the subtitle "Will you come in?") which was Rajish Kapoor's spontaneous response to being asked to pose in the doorway, to reflect my preoccupation with transitional space. The space where boundaries between one thing and another might be temporarily suspended and it becomes possible to play.

Despite my fleeting acquaintances with people in Dhal ni Pol and theirs with me, it struck me that hospitality of the kind I experienced works by suspending feelings of difference and separation. This involves 'playing a part' - putting on a performance and this is clearly one aspect of the film. But I think the film also shows another facet of playing host, the playfulfulness involved in suspending disbelief in the face of something unfamiliar, and how from that it becomes possible to make some new relationship or thing.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing great informational content.
    Get best peo services in usa
    peo virginia

    ReplyDelete