Saturday 9 October 2010

arrival and orienteering - Cj

I travelled overnight and arrived having 1 hour sleep, so I've spent the day following Steve and Amanda's itinerary, observing and documenting what I saw on my walk through Dhal ni Pol - and then getting a very early night!!
I've started uploading my pictures to a collection on flickr, and today's images to a set.  I'll include the set address at the end of each post.
blackboard signage
The use of blackboards is common within the Pol as a bit of a 'community news' - apparently you can tell the health of a Pol by how much is written on the blackboards...  Could this be used efficiently or even well in the UK?  Would this work within small communities or city centre locations?
bike
The light quality within the Pol is amazing - the stark contrast between light and shadow provides an ever changing colour palette of inspiration...

No comments:

Post a Comment